Muxing and webrtcechoprobe

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Oct 29 17:46:43 UTC 2020

Le jeudi 29 octobre 2020 à 11:54 +0100, Andrés Meseguer Valenzuela a
écrit :
> Hi, I am trying to send audio and video muxed in MPEG in order to send
> it via UDP. Besides, I would like to apply echo cancellation, hence
> here is an example of the desired pipeline:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v ksvideosrc ! video/x-raw, height=480 ! videoconvert
> ! queue  ^
> ! x264enc ! queue !  mpegtsmux name=mux ! queue ! udpsink host=ip
> port=5605 autoaudiosrc ^
> ! audioresample  ! queue ! audioconvert ^
> ! queue ! webrtcdsp ! queue ! opusenc ^
> ! queue ! mux. -e udpsrc port=5605 ^
> ! queue ! tsdemux name=demux demux.^
> ! queue !  h264parse ! queue ! avdec_h264 ! queue! videoconvert ^
> ! autovideosink demux. ! queue ! opusdec ! queue ! webrtcechoprobe !
> audioconvert ! autoaudiosink sync=false

Unrelated to your hang, but echo cancellation only works with strict
synchronization enabled. Disabling sync may break webrtcdsp. Also, all
audio sink in gstreamer have too high latency at default playback
settings for echo cancellation. Reconfigure you sink buffer-time to a
small value, ideally a multiple of the latency-time.

> But the problem is that when my pipeline is executed, it gets stuck:

The stall is likely due to too high latency introduced by x264enc in
default setting. As a quick start, perhaps add tune=zerolatency to
x264enc. You probably also want to control the key frame distance and
bitrate.