Hardware acceleration on Windows 10

gotsring gotsring at live.com
Tue Sep 1 23:21:42 UTC 2020

Is hardware accelerated encoding/decoding on Windows supported? I've used
gst-omx in the past on Ubuntu 16, and I tried building gst-vaapi and gst-omx
from source using gst-build with MSYS, but to no avail.

Searches indicate that alternatives include Intel Media SDK and NVIDIA Video
Codec SDK, but these are completely outside of GStreamer. Is there some
trick to compiling gstreamer plugins using the libraries provided in these
SDKs, or do I just have to write an gst element to wrap these SDKs into
something I can use? Or is there an option I'm missing?