can gst_buffer_map also map the timestamp and metadata?

^_^Sisyphus^_^ freesisyphuswang at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:24:06 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I am looking into shmsink/shmsrc, the buffer passthrough does not contain
any metadata such as pts, dts. I wonder if gst_buffer_map() actually is
supposed to contain that data or it only contains the memory the buffer
wrapped?

Is there any plugin that actually passes the buffer with timestamp to
another process? Is there any muxer that allows me to wrap the buffer with
its metadata into another buffer so I can actually demux it out with the
correct timestamp after received by shmsrc?

Thanks,