Dynamically changing the pipeline when a buffer is received

gotsring gotsring at live.com
Mon Sep 14 15:54:36 UTC 2020

This seems like a weird thing you're doing, can you explain the goal of this?
Can you just use a tee and allow buffers to pass to specific pre-constructed
branches as needed?

The more complicated answer is to use pad probes to detect when buffers come
from the src pads, then do stuff in the callback function. However, I'm not
sure if you can change the pipeline while remaining in the playing state.
This is something you'd have to test, but I suspect that you'd have to pause
a few elements, make the changes to the pipeline, then start playing again.