Using Gstreamer and souphttpsrc in Jupyter Notebook

Jimmy Bush mr.jimmybush at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 04:14:06 UTC 2020

Well, I'd be happy to use the 1.16 version that comes with Linux Mint 20
(which I think is what apt would be), but I haven't found how to get
gstreamer to work in the Jupyter Notebook.  At least the conda-forge
version fixes the namespace error.

I have only found conda and pip ways of installing Jupyter Notebook.  If
there's an apt way to do that, that might get me further.

Barring that, should I continue to try the local build route?  I also found
the article linked below suggesting that GI_TYPELIB_PATH might be the
issue.  Does gstreamer/gobject-introspection rely on environment variables
that Notebook might not be seeing?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50440365/raise-valueerrornamespace-s-not-available-namespace-valueerror-namespace