GStreamer 1.18 and a new error. Trying to dispose element pipeline1, but it is in PLAYING instead of the NULL state.

Davide Perini perini.davide at dpsoftware.org
Tue Sep 22 20:06:41 UTC 2020

Hi all,
GStreamer is super awesome and I love it :)

Said that since 1.18 I am experiencing a new error never seen before.
I'm runnin the same code as before but with GStreamer 1.18 I have a new
error:

sometimes when Screen Capturing while gaming I have this error:
---
(ScreenGrabber:12792): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 21:55:40.357:
Trying to dispose element pipeline1, but it is in PLAYING instead of the
NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
application or some element.
---

Is this something that I can workaround?

Any idea?

Thanks
Davide