GStreamer RTSP Server Architecture

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Sep 25 14:28:31 UTC 2020

Le vendredi 25 septembre 2020 à 02:46 -0500, skywalker a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have to provide a system that is able to serve recorded videos using RTSP
> protocol which than can be played/paused/played in slow-motion (trick modes)
> - RTP for the videostream (no audio). The video files will be generated
> on-demand and shoule be availabel for streaming as soon as added.
>
> Is there any good resource that describes media-pools, mount points and how
> they interact, maybe even with some example code that is similar to what I
> want to achive?

GStreamer RTSP library comes with a good set of examples:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-rtsp-server/-/tree/master/examples

Make sure you use a transcoding pipeline and trick mode should mostly
work. Be ware though that the server is designed for low number of
connections, most users are camera provider. It might require a bit of
optimization and improvement if you goals is high-end cloud server.