Include vcpkg libs in Windows build

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:30:06 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 4:00 AM gotsring <gotsring at live.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, I'll switch to Cerbero. I saw this a bit late, but in
> the interim, I had abandoned VCPKG and tried building Gtk and deps from
> source, most of which also use meson, but there always seems to be some
> little thing wrong.
>
> Quick question: The basic process of that blog post seems to echo the README
> of the gst-build project: get meson and ninja, then run the build. Is
> Cerbero still preferred over meson on Window?

If you need to build GStreamer with a custom configuration, the
easiest option is to use Cerbero, which is a meta-build system. It
will download all the dependencies for you (including most of the
build-tools), build them with Autotools, CMake, or Meson (as
appropriate), and output an MSI installer.

gst-build is more useful when you want to hack on gstreamer since it
allows you to quickly edit files in-place and build / test your
changes with a single command.