Import Error when Integrating Qt and GStreamer.

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 02:11:18 UTC 2021

Ah, so your problem is use with the Qt designer not showing finding the
relevant qml code.  That use case is currently not supported by qmlglsink.

The issue is that the necessary QML item is contained within the
qmlglsink element itself and is registered dynamically when the element
itself is instantiated.  Qt designer doesn't know anything about
GStreamer so cannot perform this initialisation for you. There are no
qmldir or qmltype files for qmlglsink.

The 'fix' involves are rather complicated restructure of the qmlglsink
element to support placing the qml part/plugin in a separate .so that is
findable with Qt tools (using qmldir or whatever).

Cheers
-Matt