Import Error when Integrating Qt and GStreamer.

iotsystek iotsystek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 01:22:38 UTC 2021

Thank you for your input, its greatly appreciated.

When I attempted to install using: sudo apt install gstreamer1.0-qt5 as
expected it shows as already being installed.

/[sudo] password for ubuntu:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gstreamer1.0-qt5 is already the newest version (1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
required:
  linux-headers-5.4.0-62-generic linux-hwe-5.4-headers-5.4.0-42
linux-hwe-5.4-headers-5.4.0-58 linux-hwe-5.4-headers-5.4.0-59
linux-hwe-5.4-headers-5.4.0-60
  linux-hwe-5.4-headers-5.4.0-62 linux-image-5.4.0-62-generic
linux-modules-5.4.0-62-generic linux-modules-extra-5.4.0-62-generic
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 26 not upgraded.
/

When I run: gst-inspect-1.0 qmlglsink I get the expected output.

/Factory Details:
  Rank                     none (0)
  Long-name                Qt Video Sink
  Klass                    Sink/Video
  Description              A video sink that renders to a QQuickItem
  Author                   Matthew Waters <matthew at centricular.com>

Plugin Details:
  Name                     qmlgl
  Description              Qt gl plugin
  Filename
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
  Version                  1.14.5
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gst-plugins-good
  Source release date      2019-05-29
  Binary package           GStreamer Good Plugins (Ubuntu)
  Origin URL
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gst-plugins-good1.0

GObject
 +----GInitiallyUnowned
       +----GstObject.............................You get the idea.
/

I say expected because my simple test code compiles and runs as expected
displaying a video in a QML window.  This error is preventing me from being
able to do any UI development using the designer.

I found a short video regarding imports on Youtube.  From that and what I
have read on other sites, could this problem be related to NOT having either
plugins.qmltypes or qmldir files in the folder with the libgstqmlgl.so file?
If so do you know where I could find those files?

Do you have a working example?

Thanks in advance for any further assistance.

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t379857/2021-04-05_180452.jpg>