GstMeta is lost when using videoscaling

Segabond sergey.bondari at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 04:45:31 UTC 2021

Hey all,

I am trying carry over some custom SEI messages that I am parsing in
gsth264parse.c by using Closed Captions metadata.

This is my pipeline

filesrc location=test_sei.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! h264parse
! vaapih264dec ! vaapipostproc width=320 height=200 format=yv12 ! appsink
sync=false name=sink

To add metadata to a GstBuffer I'd call in gsth264parse.c:

gst_buffer_add_video_caption_meta(buffer,GST_VIDEO_CAPTION_TYPE_CEA608_RAW,
"test", 5);

Then to get my SEI message in my appsink sample poller code I'd call:

gst_buffer_get_video_caption_meta(buffer)

The problem:

If I have video resizing in my pipeline, I receive NULL. If I remove
width=320 height=200, it works fine. Tried with decodebin ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=320,height=240, same thing, if I remove resizing, it
works. How to make GStreamer to preserve GstMeta of GstBuffer during video
scaling? I am desperate

Regards,
Sergey