The swamp

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Apr 25 13:05:44 UTC 2021

Le sam. 24 avr. 2021 00 h 30, James Linder via gstreamer-devel <
gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> a écrit :

> Like a real swamp I can see for kilometers, but round my feet is sticky.
>
> I’m testing this pipeline (it works beautifully)
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -t v4l2src name=source device=/dev/video2 ! \
>             video/x-h264,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! \
>             h264parse ! queue ! avdec_h264 ! \
>             autovideosink
>
> I’ve done lots of reading, can see how to encode h264 from raw at a
> nominated bit rate.
> My camera gives h264. (USB2 speed limit for 1080P)
>
> I want to save the output.
> Is the bit rate set by the camera, I do not need to concern myself?

If you are satisfied with the resulting stream size and visual quality no.
Note that usb/Uvc h264 support is not well standardized. But we have an
element uvch264src (hopefully I got the same right) that works with few
models following Logitech way. This element will give you extra control,
long with a raw / viewport feed.

Should/could I set bit rate in my pipeline. I presume that before h264parse
> I’d pipe to
>
> mp4mux ! filesink location=myfile.mp4

In theory, this should work, don't forget to send Eos at the end, otherwise
the resulting MP4 will be corrupted.