Missing Plugin for KLV decoder

Giuseppe Gastronome joe.gastronome at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 15:29:12 UTC 2021

Hi there:

I'm splitting up a video stream into two threads for video display and one
for decoding KLV metadata from my pipeline. The stream begins using a
udpsrc element and splitting into two threads using a tee element. I'm not
sure if I should post how I set up the streams but when I receive the video
stream, I get an error that looks like this:

Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
../gst/playback/gstdecodebin2.c(4679):
gst_decode_bin_expose():/GstPipeline:my_pipeline/GstDecodeBin:decodebin:
no suitable plugins found:
Missing decoder: meta/x-klv (meta/x-klv, parsed=(boolean)true)

What behavior can cause this error to happen? I'm pretty sure that I'm
using a standard build of GStreamer and so it should have the meta/x-klv
plugin.

Thanks.