Firewall port (ranges) for webrtcbin?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Aug 27 13:20:05 UTC 2021

Le vendredi 27 août 2021 à 13:06 +0200, Florian Echtler via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I can't really find any information on what UDP port ranges webrtcbin from
> 1.16.2 will use. Obviously, I need 3478 for STUN, but what else?

By default, there is no specific range. WebRTC will of-course need to access
external resource like STUN or in worst cases TURN servers, your signalling will
likely need HTTP on port 80/443, but ICE protocol will try and manage punching a
whole through your firewall assuming it's configured adequately (automatically
open UDP socket return port).

If you still need to control the range, you'll have to get access to the ICE
agent, and configure it, see nice_agent_set_port_range().