Enable RTSP Digest Authentication With Gstreamer

Dwight Kulkarni dwight at realtime-7.com
Mon Aug 30 20:09:24 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I have got Gstreamer working with my C++ program and I am using the RTSP
server in Gstreamer to work with my pipeline.

When I visit the network address: rtsp://192.168.0.20/myserviceurl

It is showing the network stream correctly in VLC Client.

However, now I want to turn on digest authentication so that we can secure
the stream, and it can only be seen when the username and password is
supplied in VLC like so:

rtsp://username:password@192.168.0.20/myserviceurl

If my program has a list of users and passwords, how can I register them
with the Gstreamer RTSP server and require digest authentication?

--
Sincerely,

Dwight Kulkarni