Capture audio with DirectShow on Windows

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Tue Dec 14 20:16:37 UTC 2021

On a Windows machine, I have an audio device that doesn't expose itself
through WASAPI or DirectSound, and I'm not sure how to capture the sound
using Gstreamer.

We have written software that uses DirectShow (not DirectSound) to capture
audio from the device.  Does Gstreamer support audio input from DirectShow?

I can tell you that  gst-device-monitor-1.0 (msvc 1.18.5) does not see the
device.  The device is "Datapath VisionAV" and it does show up in Windows
Device Manager, as shown below (near bottom).

[image: image.png]