Sync video and data with GStreamer

gotsring gotsring at live.com
Tue Feb 2 17:48:19 UTC 2021

I guess most simply you can send them as separate streams indexed using the
frame number or timestamp, then sync the data when you need to.

A more complex solution would be to embed the data as metadata, either as a
GstMeta objects or codec-specific (I used H264's SEI format to save IMU data
in an H264 stream). I don't think that GstMeta objects are accessible
outside of the pipeline though (i.e. if you stream the video over UDP and
receive it somewhere else, the GstMeta will be lost).

See docs for GstMeta:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/gstreamer/gstmeta.html?gi-language=c#GstMeta