Something may have went wrong in setting Up GStreamer environment for developing

JimmyHan leedag8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:42:39 UTC 2021

Hey Guys,I'm a complete Newbie to GStreamer. My employer asked me to learn
GStreamer so I could start working on some new projects.

In searching for tutorials I came across the  these
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/hello-world.html?gi-language=c>
tutorials. I was pretty excited to start and everything.

I followed the instructions for installation on ubuntu or debian. I run
pop!_os its based on Ubuntu so I figured I'm straight.

I cloned the github repo with the tutorials and compiled the first tutorial
as instructed.

But whenever I run ./basic-tutorial-1, i get segmentation fault(core
dumped). I need to know if I'm missing a library or sumtg, I have been
searching for help for a few hours now but couldn't find nothing close.

I tried the gdb instructions but I don't know what I'm looking for exactly.

Below is the images I have posted based on the results from gdb, hopefully
someone will be able to make sense out of this and  assist me in going
forward.
Gdb_Results.pdf
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t379895/Gdb_Results.pdf>