/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnvidia-encode

marfis fischer at iot40systems.com
Wed Jan 6 18:35:51 UTC 2021

Hi,

i want to compile opencv2, gstreamer and nvenc/nvdec for python3. I did it
many times on native host with success. Now i try to do the same thing on a
nvidia-docker container (nvidia/cuda:10.0-cudnn7-devel-ubuntu18.04). I wrote
a dockerfile, mount and copy the necessary headers and start building.

Error for nvenc after running make :

CC       libgstnvenc_la-gstnvh264enc.lo
cc1: warning: cnvenc: No such file or directory [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
CCLD     libgstnvenc.la
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnvidia-encode
Makefile:832: recipe for target 'libgstnvenc.la' failed
make: *** [libgstnvenc.la] Error 1

Same on nvdec after running make :
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnvcuvid

So the question is, how to get the libraries -nvcuvid and -lnvidia-encode.
On a native host , i got no problems at all

Did the same steps as you can see there:
https://gist.github.com/corenel/a615b6f7eb5b5425aa49343a7b409200

Regards Martin