Windows questions.

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Wed Jan 6 20:45:01 UTC 2021

I always had developer package downloaded.

I was able to get it to work.

The windows installation is missing a lot compared to the linux ones.
Plugins do not need to be built with meson, i was able to create a Visual
Studio dll project, copy in the .h and .c files and build.

I only had to add the Defines that normally come from the build system in
the plugins.c file where it calls the macro GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE

//@JFS normally from meson
#define VERSION "0.0.0"
#define PACKAGE "rtponvif"
#define GST_PACKAGE_NAME "GStreamer rtp onvif filter"
#define GST_PACKAGE_ORIGIN "http://gstreamer.net/"

Copying this to the folder along side the other plugins (in the
gstreamer/lib folder NOT the bin folder pffft) allowed the
example(test-onvif-client) to run.

I am now trying to create a single folder with all the dlls and plugins to
allow it to be used during testing to exercise a server.
It is proving difficult. Even though all the dlls are there and Dependency
walker is happy, it always bails out unable to create rtspsrc element.
probably a hidden dependency that is only at LoadLibrary time.