Query related to Closed Captioning Support in Gstreamer

Andy Robinson andy at seventhstring.com
Fri Jan 8 12:14:34 UTC 2021

On 07/01/2021 17:40, TusharK wrote:
> 5)	It would be great if you could share the example gstreamer pipelines
> which demonstrates streaming and playback of closed captioned video? I gone
> through some gstreamer forum posts but could not find the reference pipeline
> along with the stream to be used.

Here is a pipeline which displays video with subtitles:

gst-launch-1.0 \
  textoverlay name=ov ! autovideosink \
  filesrc location=video.mp4 ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
ov.video_sink \
  filesrc location=subtitles.srt ! subparse ! ov.text_sink

Regards,
Andy Robinson, Seventh String Software, www.seventhstring.com