Not-negotiated (-4) errors and different behaviour for rtph264depay since we have to specify caps byte-stream

marc lievens mark.lievens at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:45:12 UTC 2021

Hi ,

We use different Panasonic cameras in conjunction with gstreamer.

When I upgraded from Gstreamer 1.12.2 to version 1.18.2 then I get for some
of the cameras next error

../gst/rtsp/gstrtspsrc.c(6168): gst_rtspsrc_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:

streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4).

This was not the case with version 1.12.2.

When I specify caps video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream, then
all connections can be established.

Used pipeline is Rtspsrc ! rtph264depay! h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink

Could it be the case that in previous versions the negotiation was done
automatic for byte-stream and/or avc?

Will this remain like this, or will this be changed again in the future?

Why do we now have to specify the stream-format and why is this only for
certain cameras?

Cheers

marc