Some magic catch-all muxer/container for disjointed source streams?

Trey Hutcheson trey.hutcheson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:20:41 UTC 2021

I'd like to implement a recorder for webrtc streams. SDP renegotiation is
fully implemented, so new streams can arrive at any time. Is there a
particular mux element that will let me start sinking content, and then at
a later time mux in more (and likely different) content?

Example:
Audio, opus, starts at time 0
Audio, mulaw starts at 0 + 5 seconds
Video, h264, starts at 0 + 15 seconds.
But none of these streams are known before-hand.

Is there any way to dump all of this into a single file/container?