Choose next element based on metadata.

fre deric frenky.picasso at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 22 15:46:51 UTC 2021

Hi,
I need an element allowing to select next element in the pipeline based on
metadata. For 2 input streams, I use nvidia nvstreammux to form batches from
these sources and then buffers from the first source should go to some
element_1 and buffers from the second source should go to some element_2 in
the pipeline. All buffers contain user metadata describing stream id.

I took a look for tee element, because tee element splits data to multiple
pads. But I would need to only select one pad based on the stream id. Of
course I could use tee element and then drop buffers with wrong streams id,
but I am not sure if this is optimal way-

Is there any existing element for this? Or should I created my own element
for this? Is there any example, where I could start?