ABS HLS with GStreamer

Michiel Konstapel michiel at aanmelder.nl
Fri Jul 2 10:42:07 UTC 2021

On 02-07-2021 11:46, Samyak wrote:
> Makes sense. So currently I'm trying to have all the playlists in a
> separate pipeline since that prevents me from writing a lot of duplicate
> code. Is there any drawback to having each resolution on a separate
> pipeline instead of using tee and doing everything in just one pipeline?

There is some performance penalty, because you'll have to do the
decoding in each pipeline, instead of decoding once and then teeing the
decoded video to each encoder branch. I don't know if there is also a
synchronization problem; I think the segments of the different bit rates
should match up exactly for ABS, and I don't know if that's harder to
achieve when each one is its own pipeline.
Best,
Michiel