Using local build with gstreamer-rs

Samyak samtan106 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 09:55:12 UTC 2021

Hey,
I've tried setting the GST_PLUGIN_PATH on my project and it started
working. Everything was working fine for a few days. Suddenly, however, I
had some issues (I'm not sure why it suddenly stopped working. Maybe an
update to a system dependency? I'm on rolling release after all). So, I
deleted the local gstreamer-rs dir and cloned it again. I did everything I
did earlier. Now, however it looks like it is trying to load my local
gstreamer plugins but it is failing. I'm getting warnings like the
following when running Cargo run:

Failed to load plugin
'/home/<username>/gstreamer-build/gst-build/builddir/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/gst/rawparse/libgstlegacyrawparse.so':
/home/samyak/gstreamer-build/gst-build/builddir/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/gst/rawparse/../../../gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/video/libgstvideo-1.0.so.0:
undefined symbol: gst_shared_task_pool_get_max_threads

Failed to load plugin
'/home/<username>/gstreamer-build/gst-build/builddir/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/gst/asfmux/libgstasfmux.so':
/home/samyak/gstreamer-build/gst-build/builddir/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/gst/asfmux/../../../gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/rtp/libgstrtp-1.0.so.0:
undefined symbol: gst_event_set_gap_flags

and so on for all the plugins.

The GST logs don't seem to help since it is loading v18 because it failed
to load the local installation.

Is this something you are able to reproduce? Let me know if there's any
more debug info I can provide. If that's not possible, let me know if
there's a definitive guide to steps I should take to run gstreamer-rs with
my local gst-build (maybe I missed a step?). Since running devenv on
gst-build still works, the problem doesn't seem to lie with the local
binaries.

Thanks!