need help to understand the pipeline

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:42:18 UTC 2021

Hi

Assuming your pipeline actually runs, I can assure you that your
videoconvert does not take jpeg as input and you have specified video/x-raw
as format (a family of raw formats). So v4l2src does output raw video and
not JPEG. Now I don't know your platform and maybe your v4l2src
implementation has the ability to read JPEG/MJPEG from the camera and
convert it to raw video on your specific hardware platform, but as such,
you have no JPEG in your pipeline. And I am assuming your pipeline is
running. Is it?

Now run your pipeline again with the '-v' flag set for gst-launch-1.0
pipeline and post ALL the output here. We can then identify what each
module take as input and what they output.