Problem with webrtc-sendrecv.c (from gst-examples) on Windows

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Thu Jul 22 04:50:26 UTC 2021

I am using the official Gstreamer Windows binaries for 1.18.3, msvc, 64-bit.

I am having trouble getting the example
webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/-/blob/1.18/webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c>
to connect to Wowza (webrtc).  I feel like the problem might be related to
the console output, which is generated from the line of code here
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/-/blob/1.18/webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c#L754>
.

< HTTP/1.1 6 TLS/SSL support not available; install glib-networking
< Soup-Debug-Timestamp: 1626928319
< Soup-Debug: SoupMessage 0 (0000020682A9C110)

The server did not accept the WebSocket handshake.

I can't seem to make it work, even if I use the option to disable SSL
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/-/blob/1.18/webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c#L58>.
(I think Wowza may actually require SSL though.)

I have questions:

   1. Has anyone seen this example working on Windows (with SSL enabled)?
   2. How can I tell if glib-networking was actually packaged with the
   Windows binaries?  Even when I build the glib-networking recipe from
   Cerbero, there is no clear binary named like "glib-networking*.dll".
   3. Has anyone connected to Wowza via webrtc using gstreamer?