Problem with webrtc-sendrecv.c (from gst-examples) on Windows

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:58:42 UTC 2021

Hi David,

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 10:19 PM David Ing <ding at panopto.com> wrote:
> I think the problem is that I have emplaced the example code webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c into an application that does not consume gstreamer from the normal installation; rather it uses a custom nuget package that bundles gstreamer, and it is missing a few things:
>
> {gstreamer}/msvc_x86_64/lib/gio/modules/*
> {gstreamer}/msvc_x86_64/etc/ssl/certs/*
>
> In regards to the special tidbits required by libsoup, openssl, glib-networking; I am wondering:
>
> Are there any more special tidbits that need to be packaged?  (besides the ones I listed above)

The easiest way to find this on Windows is to run your app, exercise
things so that all plugins are loaded, and then delete the gstreamer
prefix, while skipping all files that are busy / in-use. That will
leave you with a full list of files that your app needs.

> How does the application find the tidbits?  (i will need to hook into that)

If you look at the merge requests associated with the two issues I
linked, you will find the answer to this question.

Cheers,
Nirbheek