Problem with webrtc-sendrecv.c (from gst-examples) on Windows

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Thu Jul 22 16:49:21 UTC 2021

Nirbheek--

Thank you for your quick response.  The command is executing properly (I
guess), with an exit code of 0 (albeit with a few warnings).

$ gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=https://www.google.com ! fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Got context from element 'souphttpsrc0': gst.soup.session=context,
session=(SoupSession)NULL, force=(boolean)false;

(gst-launch-1.0:22132): libsoup-WARNING **: 08:39:29.306: soup-tld: There
is no public-suffix data available.

(gst-launch-1.0:22132): libsoup-WARNING **: 08:39:29.306: soup-tld: There
is no public-suffix data available.
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 0:00:00.001880000
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I also checked another command which is playing the video properly.

$ gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri="
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm
"

So:  I guess there is no problem with Gstreamer 1.18.3 msvc.

I think the problem is that I have emplaced the example code
webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/-/blob/1.18/webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c>
into
an application that does not consume gstreamer from the normal
installation; rather it uses a custom nuget package that bundles gstreamer,
and it is missing a few things:

   - {gstreamer}/msvc_x86_64/lib/gio/modules/*
   - {gstreamer}/msvc_x86_64/etc/ssl/certs/*

In regards to the special tidbits required by libsoup, openssl,
glib-networking; I am wondering:

   - Are there any more special tidbits that need to be packaged?  (besides
   the ones I listed above)
   - How does the application find the tidbits?  (i will need to hook into
   that)