Recording rtspsrc - Ignoring first frames

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:16:11 UTC 2021

Hey guys.

I'm trying to record an RTSP source. The pipeline I'm using is:

rtspsrc location=%s ! rtph264depay ! h264parse name=parse ! splitmuxsink
name=splitmux max-size-time=%d sync=false

The thing is that the first second or so, the frames are corrupted. I tried
using a pad probe (on the h264parse src pad) and catch the first frame where
*GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT* is *NOT* set and then remove the probe, but it
didn't work. It seems that the first frame in the stream is not a DELTA
UNIT.

Is there a way I can ignore the first few frames and start recording when
all frames are valid?

Thank you very much ahead.

Best regards,
Omer