Streaming an opengl texture over a network

Edward Anon blakat360 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:38:16 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I want to stream an OpenGL texture over a network.

I'm struggling with getting the texture into a GStreamer pipeline. I've
seen other users resort to using appsink and appsrc elements, but I want to
keep the texture in the GPU and do encoding and decoding there.

I've looked at the website and the source (in gst-plugins-base for the
OpenGL plugin documentation. However, there seems to be no documentation
beyond pads and signals, making it very difficult to learn how to use the
plugin.

Any pointers to relevant docs/resources would be much appreciated, and
working code would be too good to be true ;)

Thanks!