ABS HLS with GStreamer

Samyak samtan106 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 20:05:40 UTC 2021

Hey,
I am trying to serve HLS content with adaptive bitrate streaming
using GStreamer. I know GStreamer has hlssink2 but I wonder if there's a
way for gstreamer to generate a primary manifest like described here:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/http_live_streaming/example_playlists_for_http_live_streaming/creating_a_primary_playlist.
I am using gstreamer to transcode the input stream into multiple
resolutions and bitrates so is there a way to give this all to hlssink so
that it will generate the segments for all the resolutions that I am
serving as well as make the appropriate manifests? Also, is there any way
to force key frames to be 2 seconds apart?

Thanks!