ios Tutorials 4+5 : "Error received from element source: Secure connetion setup failed."

Joachim Gossmann yogle38 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 19:03:09 UTC 2021

Hi -

I am currently N00bing through the tutorials.

I was able to build,link and run iOS Tutorials 1-3 successfully.

However, the Mediaplayer-Tutorials 4+5 build fine, but do not run correctly.

The XCode console shows no errors, however the Player does not show the video, instead it displays
"Error received from element source: Secure connetion setup failed."

Unfortunately I seem out of luck trying to find a remedy -
Do the certs have to be replaced?
Is the app unable to find the certs?

Skipping the secure connection requirement by using a url available with "http://" produces the same message/error.

What am I missing?