Ending a pipeline with EOS sometimes hangs

gotsring gotsring at live.com
Tue Mar 9 22:32:41 UTC 2021

I believe I had encountered something similar when I tried closing a pipeline
with an HTTP stream that never started. My solution (kind of a hack) was to
set a timer that triggered the cleanup function after 5 seconds regardless
of EOS. I did this using g_timeout_add_seconds(). Of course, this probably
means not all elements are flushing correctly, so your output files might
not be finalized correctly.

Or you can try monitoring where the EOS is getting hung up by enabling debug
output (level 4 or 5 maybe?) and from there further debug the problem.