Question Regarding GStreamer Pipeline Graph

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Mar 12 12:45:15 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-03-12 at 17:05 +0500, Hassan Muhammad wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a question regarding generating .dot file for my gstreamer
> pipeline. I am trying to build an application in gst-rust bindings
> with webrtc and would like to visualize my dynamic pipeline. I've set
> the appropriate environment variable however, the .dot files are only
> generated when using the "gst-launch" command from the terminal. I
> also looked into the documentation for:
>
> "gstreamer::functions::debug_bin_to_dot_file"
>
> and called the function with the following parameters:
>
> gst::debug_bin_to_dot_file(&pipeline, gst::DebugGraphDetails::ALL,
> "C:/tmp/out.dot")
>
> but after launching the application, no files are generated.

Please check the C documentation
here: https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/gstreamer/gstdebugutils.html?gi-language=c#GST_DEBUG_BIN_TO_DOT_FILE

In short, you need to set an environment variable for defining the
directory where the .dot files should be dumped and then the filename
you provide to the function call is really just a filename (prefix).

You can use gst::debug_bin_to_dot_data() to get a string and handle the
writing yourself if you need more control. That function is also not
affected by the environment variable.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com