Cannot play a 4K mkv content with v4l2h265dec plugin

karimchtx karim_atiki at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:34:43 UTC 2021

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your quick reply.
You're definitly right in your analysis.
A couple hours after my posts, I've slightly changed my pipeline as
following:

 gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=/media/sda1/solo.mkv  ! video/x-matroska
! aiurdemux  ! h265parse ! v4l2h265dec !  imxvideoconvert_g2d ! ! queue !
waylandsink

You were right, I needed an explicit plugin before waylandsink for the
conversion.
But:

at first sight, it works.
But the video is sometime freezing during many seconds...(but gstreamer
doesn't crash).
Regarding the CPU, the vpu is effectively working.
I can't figure out how to explain the "freezing" sequences.

I tried to play the same media within souphttpsrc, it's working as well but
the playback is still stuttering in "fast sequences" of the movie.

And finally, I just can't figure ou what's happening and how could I debug /
monitor the plugins task.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Best Regards,

Karim