Periodically check stream stats

leaonidas mtmleao at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:13:52 UTC 2021

Hi guys, I have a UDP source receiving video, linked to a h265depay and I am
trying to verify the bitrate and the number of lost packets periodically. I
tried adding a rtpjitterbuffer in between the two elements and access the
stats, but was only able to check the stats in the beginning of the program.

I've implemented the pipeline bellow in C++:
gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5000 caps = "application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H265,
payload=(int)96" ! rtph265depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Can somebody give me a hint on how to periodically check the bitrate and
dropped packets in this pipeline?

Thanks in advance!