Pipeline restarting with rtspsrc and tee

gugovind gxguru at gmail.com
Sun May 23 07:24:01 UTC 2021

Hi There,
I am a novice in gstreamer and I am creating an application to ingest video
from an rtsp camera feed and I am trying to tee it so that I can send one
branch to save as HLS and other branch to save jpegs from the source for
processing.

My command line pipeline looks like this

gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://admin:admin@10.0.0.207:554 !
rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! clockoverlay ! videoconvert !
videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=640, height=360 ! tee name=t \
t. ! x264enc bitrate=512 ! video/x-h264,profile=\"high\" ! mpegtsmux !
hlssink playlist-root=http://127.0.0.1:8080 location=segment.%05d.ts
target-duration=5 \
t. ! jpegenc ! multifilesink location=/tmp/image_%d.jpg

When I run it, it keeps at 00.00 as it is is pausing and playing..
0:00:00.0 / 99:99:99.
0:00:00.0 / 99:99:99.

It does not generate any jpegs or TS segments.
However the individual pipelines work fine like below

gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://admin:admin@10.0.0.207:554 !
rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! clockoverlay ! videoconvert !
videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=640, height=360 ! tee name=t \
t. ! x264enc bitrate=512 ! video/x-h264,profile=\"high\" ! mpegtsmux !
hlssink playlist-root=http://127.0.0.1:8080 location=segment.%05d.ts
target-duration=5

or

GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc
location=rtsp://admin:admin12345@10.0.0.207:554 ! rtpjitterbuffer !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! clockoverlay ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=640, height=360 ! tee name=t t. ! jpegenc ! multifilesink
location=/tmp/image_%d.jpg

Can you please help me what I mistake I am making with the original pipeline
with both tee?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Best Regards,
Guru