Can GStreamer plugin perform DMA copy

ChrisLiuv chris.liuv at wnc.com.tw
Mon May 31 11:58:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

Currently I have constructed a custom element that separate one video source
to 2 video.
For example, one 800x1200 video separate to two 800x600 video.
I use memcpy method to copy video data to 2 new GstBuffer and then push it
to src pad.
So it costs much more cpu usage.

I further check the tee element, which also branch a new pipeline, a new
GstBuffer and low cpu usage.
But I could not find what I want, it seems using gst_pad_push_list(), I
didn't find out where it copies the data.

Could someone give any example or reference for the DMA copy?
Many thanks.