gst-examples Issue: Required gstreamer plugin 'nice' not found

Terence Darwen tmdarwen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:48:39 UTC 2021

Thanks, David.  As shown in my copied and pasted terminal output below, I
seem to have all of those installed yet it's still not finding the nice
plugin.  I wonder if the issue is related to the fact that I manually built
and installed gstreamer 1.19 and, as shown below, these ones I've installed
are 1.14?

tmd at kurentovm:~/NonSys/gst-examples/_builddir/webrtc/sendrecv/gst$ sudo
apt-get install gstreamer1.0-nice
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gstreamer1.0-nice is already the newest version (0.1.14-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
tmd at kurentovm:~/NonSys/gst-examples/_builddir/webrtc/sendrecv/gst$ sudo
apt-get install libnice-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libnice-dev is already the newest version (0.1.14-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
tmd at kurentovm:~/NonSys/gst-examples/_builddir/webrtc/sendrecv/gst$ sudo
apt-get install libnice10
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libnice10 is already the newest version (0.1.14-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
tmd at kurentovm:~/NonSys/gst-examples/_builddir/webrtc/sendrecv/gst$
./webrtc-sendrecv