RTSP Server with UDP or TCP Streaming

Dwight Kulkarni dwight at realtime-7.com
Wed Sep 1 20:05:12 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Recently I have got the RTSP server running with Gstreamer. In VLC Client,
I can view the stream via: rtsp://user:password@192.168.20.15/myserviceurl

Currently it appears that the RTSP server is streaming only in UDP by
default. When I try to access it with some clients and specify TCP, it
doesn't work, although VLC doesn't ask me to specify.

I was trying to see where the protocol UDP or TCP is being set in the
Gstreamer RTSP server. We are making the following calls to initialize the
server, and I can't seem to find where the protocol is set. Can anyone
point me in the right direction.

gst_rtsp_server_new()
gst_rtsp_server_set_address(..)
gst_rtsp_server_set_service( .. )