RTSP Server with UDP or TCP Streaming

Bruce Liang Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw
Thu Sep 2 03:14:34 UTC 2021

Hi,

The transport layer protocol is chosen by rtsp client.

You can check this article to make vlc(rtsp client) send SETUP request that chooses tcp as transport layer.
https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-configure-vlc-media-player-for-rtsp-rtp-playback-rtsp-rtp-interleaved-and-tuning?64-How-to-configure-VLC-media-player-for-RTSP-RTP-playback-%28RTSP-RTP-interleaved-and-tuning%29

The key function for handling transport layer in gst-rtsp-server is in rtsp-client.c : handle_setup_request(..).

Regards,
Bruce Liang