MediaStream IDs with webrtcbin

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Mon Sep 6 07:59:55 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

there's a SO discussion on how to properly label multiple video streams in a
WebRTC bundle: https://stackoverflow.com/a/65412097/838719

The conclusion is to add a mapping from MediaStreamIDs to "readable" names, but
how would I go about this with webrtcbin?

AFAICT the only connection between the gstreamer pipeline and the resulting SDP
offer is through the payload ID:

m=video 9 UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF 96
[...]
a=ssrc:647810976 msid:user3145526253 at host-b7e78eb1 webrtctransceiver0
a=ssrc:647810976 cname:user3145526253 at host-b7e78eb1
a=mid:video0

Is there any way I can set either mid or msid from outside, or do I have to
parse the SDP for this to figure out how payload ID and mid/msid match?

Best, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL