MediaStream IDs with webrtcbin

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 03:28:33 UTC 2021

MediaStreamId's are not really supported by webrtcbin at all currently.
They are only there to make RTX work as required by browsers.

Also, putting ssrc's into SDP is something that's going away with the
use of simulcast and mid/rid header extensions so I'm not entirely sure
on the usefulness of a=ssrc msid:$val going forward in that respect.

How we usually advise to match up streams on both sides is via 'mid'
which is both in the SDP and exposed through the transceivers on both ends.

Cheers
-Matt