Heads up for developers: git master freeze and mono repository coming up!

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 16:09:57 UTC 2021

Heads up for all GStreamer developers!

Tomorrow night we're going to freeze git master for some infrastructure
plumbing that will see many of our git modules merged into a mono
repository which should massively streamline and improve our developer
experience!

Expect a few days of disruptions, but we'll do our best to get the show
back on the road as quickly as possible!

We'll let you know when it's all done and will post more details and
migration instructions once everything's in place.

When we emerge on the other side there will be a shiny new main branch
and development will continue there.

Nothing will happen to the existing stable branches and repositories,
and the existing master branches will also stay in place for the time
being, but will no longer be updated.

There will still be separate release tarballs for the various modules.

More details soon, stay tuned.