best way to 'relay' a stream between processes

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Sun Sep 26 20:03:04 UTC 2021

I was wondering what is the best/efficient way to relay a stream to a different process for further processing.

Say I have process a, that transcodes a stream and archives the original into a file.
Say I have process b, that resizes the original stream of process a.

Currently I am using this in process a
t. ! queue ! tcpserversink port=4000"$CAMNR" async=0 \

and this in process b
tcpclientsrc port=40001 ! queue ! tsdemux

I guess this is fine if you have some micro service architecture where you have to communicate via tcp. But if this all resides on the same host and networking is not necessary, is there a better way of doing this?