adding datetime tag to pipeline

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri Apr 15 12:28:41 UTC 2022

On 4/14/22 20:56, Florian Echtler via gstreamer-devel wrote:
> Hello Pablo,
>
> not 100% a Gstreamer issue, but you can try something like
>
> ... ! taginject tags="title=Title,datetime=$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)" ! ...
>
> if you're using bash.

Many thanks for your reply, Florian.

I was having an issue (and I thought the problem was in GStreamer),
because gst-launch-1.0 complained about string values being passed
instead of GstDateTime.

With $(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S), gst-launch-1.0 complains about GstFlagSet
(instead of GstDateTime).

I have searched how a GstDateTime looks like,  but I cannot find anything.

I’m a coding novice and I’m not sure GstDateTime and GDateTime have the
same structure (which I suspect they don’t).

What am I mising here or doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo