adding datetime tag to pipeline

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Sat Apr 16 07:42:48 UTC 2022

Hello Pablo,

On 15/04/2022 14:28, Pablo Rodríguez via gstreamer-devel wrote:
> I was having an issue (and I thought the problem was in GStreamer),
> because gst-launch-1.0 complained about string values being passed
> instead of GstDateTime.
>
> With $(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S), gst-launch-1.0 complains about GstFlagSet
> (instead of GstDateTime).

Oops, sorry, my bad. Seems this can't be done using gst-launch-1.0 alone, you
would probably need a small Python script.

Here's an example to get you started:
https://github.com/gkralik/python-gst-tutorial/blob/master/basic-tutorial-1.py.

You can exchange the parameter to parse_launch with your own pipeline
description, and then call

ti = pipeline.get_by_name("taginject0")

to get a reference to the taginject node, and then call

ti.set_property("tags", ...)

to set the tags property (although I'm not 100% sure how, to be honest).

Here's the documentation for GstDateTime:
https://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/index.html#Gst-1.0/classes/DateTime.html#Gst.DateTime

Hope this helps!
Best, Florian
--