How verify good/ugly/bad plugin is properly installed in Windows

Angela Yan yanyan9 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 08:40:44 UTC 2022

Hi Nirbheek,

Thanks for the prompt response. Currently my system does not have environment variable for GST_REGISTRY, do I need to add them manually?

In addition, I would like to check how can we know which plugin is for which OS? Eg. I would like to try the uvsc264src plugin, but I was told that this plugin is for Linux only and not available in Windows. I could not find such information on its documentation page. https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/uvch264/uvch264src.html?gi-language=c
uvch264src - GStreamer<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/uvch264/uvch264src.html?gi-language=c>
uvch264src. A camera bin src element that wraps v4l2src and implements UVC H264 Extension Units (XU) to control the H264 encoder in the camera
gstreamer.freedesktop.org

That leads me to think that whether my installation has installed all the plugins.

Thank you,
Angela